Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Presenting the Best Wedding Present

First of all, for all of you wondering about how we're doing with all the wildfires burning here in California—we are fine. Luckily, we don't have any fires burning really close to us, so all we are dealing with is the poor air quality. What's happening all around us is very tragic and are keeping those who are suffering in our thoughts and prayers.

Now, on a much lighter note, I'm going to a wedding this weekend. It's always hard to come up with good gifts so I decided to try and mimic the best gift Miles and I received for our wedding. My Aunt Holly gave us a gift basket full of cleaning supplies. I swear, that gift just keeps giving and giving. We still use some of the original supplies after 2 1/2 years (but I don't know if that's good, maybe we just don't clean enough). So, what were the best gifts you all received for your weddings?

8 comments:

Laura Edwards said...

For our wedding, we loved our basket of cleaning supplies as well! Also gift cards, especially to Smith's! And money is also very useful. I also enjoyed getting our mixing bowls ;) (thanks to Miles & Michelle). Presents are always fun to get!

Zane and Lexi said...

Our favorite gift was a "stadium pack" - which included a fold up blanket, binoculars, thermos and hand held radio...it's been great for those BYU home games. Such an original and cute idea!

michellep said...

Oh, I love the "stadium pack" idea, how fun! Target gift cards were awesome. And I really loved cash! Checks were a pain in the tooshy—dealing with all the name and bank changes. I think there were a few checks we didn't cash until months later when everything was finally straightened out. I will never write a check to a bride and groom again.

michellep said...

Do you ever leave comments on your own blog, just so it looks like a lot of people are commenting :D hehehehe

Tim & Alicia said...

one of my favorites was a set of pyrex dishes with our last name etched into them. Not quite so handy if your name is Jones or Smith, but otherwise your sure to get your dishes back!

Laura Edwards said...

Um.... update?

michellep said...

Huh hum, an update is coming, and it is likely to be a long one. I'm sorry I've been slacking!

bec said...

ice cream maker. so good. Brandon really liked the vacuum cleaner. He was so excited he started vacuuming in the middle of opening presents.