Friday, November 2, 2007

AmateurHalloWeddingPhotographer: Three Posts in One

So I haven't posted anything for awhile, long enough that I have to cram three posts into one.

1. Amateur Photographer
We got our new camera in the mail and I've been meaning to post a few of our very first pictures. The best part about these pictures is that I took them all at dusk/night without any flash! I didn't even know that was possible until I recently read about it in the user manual and elsewhere. Some of the new terms I've learned recently are: white balance, aperture, shutter speed, and iso. It's almost like learning a new language, though the trickiest part is learning how to use all these elements together to get a great photograph. Here are a couple of my first attempts:


2. Halloween
Miles and I celebrated Halloween for what seemed like 5 days straight. It started when we were in St. George the weekend before Halloween. My family held our traditional party on that Friday night. It really was a lot of fun, like usual. Everyone dressed up, we ate pizza, played donut-on-a-string-game, and just hung out. Miles had the best costume. He dressed as a "rebellious missionary," which was just hilarious because of how straight-laced he is. Truthfully though, he looked pretty good that way!



3. Wedding
On Saturday, October 27, my brother got married! Yeah! Rick and Danelle were married in the Pine Valley Chapel that Saturday evening. It was a beautiful and simple event. There were only a few guests including immediate family and grandparents. I had a lot of fun taking pictures at their wedding. I also helped my sister, Andrea, make the wedding cake. The whole family (both sides) worked really hard to make Rick and Danelle's wedding day really special!

8 comments:

Pam said...

I just found your site because Miles left a comment on my daughter Kelly's blog. Now I have another blog to peruse and keep up on family. You both sound busy and happy!! I'm so glad because I always knew Miles was an exceptional young man.
Love,
Aunt Pam Iorg
Miles' aunt

Brooke said...

I can't wait to see more photos--those are so cool!

Thomas said...

Awesome. Miles, you look so dang tough. I would have loved a companion like you. is that a nose ring? Dang!

Thomas said...

Michelle, Nice job with your first awesome camera. Cannons are the best, I enjoy the pictures. White Balance totally reminds me of MTC media. Grant saying through the headset, "Thomas check your white balance." Ha!

Laura Edwards said...

Oh my gosh! I was in Pine Valley that same night! Arg! We could have dropped by and said hello! We need to have better communication, I guess. Haha. Your photographs look great.... I wish my camera wasn't broken :( And I love Miles costume! Great tats!

Jeni said...

Michelle -

Tell Rick I said congrats! I’m so happy for him! His wife is adorable! You're pictures are really great too!

Jeni

PS Did you notice that Grandma is still a totally a hottie?? *whistles* I hope I’m that cute when I’m 47 (she’s been 47 for the last 20 years ;o) he he he

Laura Edwards said...

Thanks for your uplifting comment about school. It really helped!

Quincy said...

I love Mile's costume. He did a good job looking rebellious and it made me laugh. Then I noticed that he still had his wedding ring on! Either that means: 1) VERY rebellious missionary!, or 2) a conservative married guy who wasn't willing to take off his ring.
(I think it is very characteristic of miles to keep his ring on, his conservative nature shone through!)
Cheers! and enjoy the new camera!