Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Happy, Happy Birthday, from all of you to Me!

I had a wonderful birthday yesterday thanks to many of you! Really, I was so spoiled and I have to admit, I loved it! Thanks for all your phone calls, emails, and attention. My manager treated me to lunch yesterday which was yummy. Then for dinner, Miles took me to California Pizza Kitchen and then The Cheesecake Factory for dessert. When we got home, Miles had to study for his first graduate school exam, so I was fortunate enough to turn in a bit earlier than normal--it was awesome!

However, the most exciting part of my birthday is coming in the mail. We got a new camera! Yay, now we'll have good pictures to post for ya'll! I don't know nearly as much about the specs of the camera as Miles does, so if you have questions, you'll have to ask him. But, I'm really excited to learn how to use it. In fact, for family home evening, Miles and I had a lesson all about proper lighting for photography. What a fun birthday eh?

5 comments:

Laura Edwards said...

Yay! That is exciting! A new camera! I need one. Mine broke just a little while ago when we went to Lagoon. SAD:( I am so happy that you had a fun and relaxing birthday.

Zane and Lexi said...

happy happy birthday! what a great gift - now you can become a professional!

Kasey said...

Happy Birthday, Michelle! I'm Miles' cousin Kasey and I occasionally come on your blog to lurk. It's fun to see what you two are up to. You're so cute and I hope I get to meet you someday.
Anyway, I'm so excited that you got a new camera! I have the Canon Rebel XTi too and I LOVE IT! So will you. I think everyone should own a nice camera.

Adam said...

Happy Birthday! I'm so excited that you two got an SLR. Read the manual and check out "Digital SLR's for Dummies" from the library. The better you know how to use it, the better the pics turn out! I can't wait to see some of your masterpieces! Yay! When does it come?

michellep said...

Good idea about "Digital SLR's for Dummies!" I'm going to need a good bit of training. The tracking number shows that it should be here before Monday. I'm very excited!