Monday, October 8, 2007

Conference Favorites

Miles and I spent the weekend enjoying General Conference for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. What an uplifting and inspiring conference it was!

My favorite talk was probably given by Elder M. Russel Ballard, who spoke about how to share the practical facts about the Church. Though it is important to share one's testimony (in word and deed), quite often it is appropriate to just introduce the Church by giving the facts.

I was also touched by Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin's address. Midway through his address, Elder Wirthlin started shaking and breathing heavily to the point that it looked like he might not finish his talk. Elder Nelson walked up up behind Elder Wirthlin and gave him a steadying hand. Elder Wirthlin, barely able to stand, finished his message, and his remarks meant that much more. I was impressed with the love and concern Elder Nelson showed as he remained at Elder Wirthlin's side, stablizing him.

I'm curious--What did you enjoy about conference, and why?

9 comments:

Adam said...

Sister Beck's talk was really good for me indirectly :) Just kidding, Andrea!

I loved Elder Scott's talk about finding and embracing truth. I like how he extolled the scientific method as one means for finding truth and the Spirit as another.

My Garden of Eden said...

Hey Michelle,
I will post soon about what I enjoyed. Elder Wirthlin did touch my heart as well. It gave me the perspective of they preach and testify till literally there last breath. It made me look at myself a little more. It really touched me. Anyway I will have a post at the end of the week.

Adam said...

Sure, the whole thing with Elder Wirthlin was touching, but more than anything, it was just plain TERRIBLE! How sad! I started bawling and couldn't even watch it. I had to go into the other room.

Camille said...

So...Michelle...my long lost friend! I found you! What's up? Check out our little blog. It's good to see you're still alive!!

Laura Edwards said...

Conference was refreshing.

michellep said...

Camille! It was so fun to get a comment from you on my blog! I do want to
look at your blog, but am guessing you need to add me as a viewer or
something. I tried to email you, but it didn't go through, so I hope you see this little message! I'm so excited to see what you guys are up to!

Laura Edwards said...

Someones bday is coming up! OCTOBER 16th!

Laura Edwards said...

Happy Birthday Michelle! I hope all your wishes come true!

cami said...

hey michelle- this is pog. How are you? this has been awhile looking good!