Monday, October 1, 2007

Leave a Note!

Friday night, Miles and I went to Red Robin in the Fashion Island mall for dinner. We had a good time. We ordered a full course complete with the new blackened bayou burger, a chicken strip basket for me, a strawberry lemonade, and even a large chocolate shake. Needless to say, we were overly satisfied when we left. We moseyed around the mall a bit, of course taking a peek in the Apple store (Miles' happiest place on earth), then returned to our car which was parked on the top level of the parking structure. And to our surprise, we saw this...My first instinct was to look for a note perhaps left on the windshield, but there was nothing! Someone rammed into the back of our car and ran. There wasn't much that we could do, so we contacted mall security who gave us the information for the Newport Beach Police. We had an officer come out and take a report just in case we wanted to make an insurance claim. However, we don't know what we're going to do--the deductible costs just about the same as it will to get it fixed. And then we ask our selves if it's worth it--probably not. The injury is only cosmetic. So, we'll probably leave it alone, forget about it, and it will still be there in 10 yrs when we are still driving this baby around. All I have to say is, if this ever happens to you--listen to your conscience and leave a note!

5 comments:

Adam said...

Oh my heck! What a bummer! I can't believe there are people out there like that. How dishonest!

Jana said...

Sorry about your car--that stinks! Glad you had a happy outing before that, though.

Zane and Lexi said...

Wow - that is such a bummer, those kind of things ruin your day! good thing you guys have such a positive outlook.

THE GAG GANG said...

Michelle,
I feel your pain. My Tundra was hit by someone at Costco. Same location as your Camry is. So about $500 damage (which is the deductable) Then just a couple weeks ago just before devotional begins Oliver (security) comes to the booth and says "Grant you need to come outside your truck has been hit." It had been just over a month that I had the damage repaired from the previous hit. So I go out and in the same area a car that had been parked didn't have it's emergency brake on and it was left in neutral and it rolled into my truck. This time $1600 damage, but at least I don't have to pay for it. On a side note the guy driving the Hyundai wasn't there when it happened, security had to go find him and it wasn't his car it was his fiance's car. So what you can hope for is to be rear ended by someone and then your previous damage can be part of the new damage and it won't cost you. Or have some genious leave his car in neutral and have it roll back and hit your car. Good luck.

Scott B. said...

I confess! I did it! And I did it on purpose!!!! HAHAHHAHAHA!!!!!