Sunday, November 11, 2007

The Getty

Yesterday, Miles and I spent the entire day at The Getty Museum in LA. We loved it. The best part was that it was free! All we had to pay for was parking (which is typical of course). We were only able to see a couple of the exhibits because there was so much to see, which means we'll get to go back time and time again. There are a few exhibits that stay the same, but a couple that are constantly changing, which means there should always be something new each time we go. Miles and I were impressed with the beautiful architecture and landscaping. We took advantage of the beautiful, crisp fall day and ate a homemade lunch in the garden area. It was a perfect opportunity to practice a bit more with our camera, and we weren't the only ones. It seemed like everyone was taking pictures. We were also amazed with how kid-friendly the museum was. Listening to a story-teller was one of our favorite activities. Overall, we just had a great time. The older I get, the more I realize that things don't have to be thrilling and exciting to be enjoyable. The whole day was, as Miles put it, "chill." I hope we can find more places like The Getty to enjoy!

6 comments:

Adam said...

Sounds like fun! I love museums! Nice use of depth of field in your pics. It looks like you're really getting the hang of the SLR! Isn't it great? You'll never regret spending that much money on it. It's totally worth it.

Paige said...

wow- that looks like a fun date! That's the best when you find a place like that that's always going to be changing and you can always go back again to explore!

Heidi said...

I visited the Getty 3 summers ago and we spent HOURS there and didn't get to do everything. It is a fantastic place!

Scott said...

I hope you guys do all that fun stuff in So. Cal. I just wish the Getty was in Western New York.

Laura Edwards said...

I am a fan of the museums as well! And I love 'chill' days! You guys are looking great!

Shelly Beth said...

Sounds much like our "chill" Saturday at Thanksgiving Point. Don't you just love days like that?