Sunday, November 25, 2007

Journal Entry: Nov. 23, 2007

It's the day after Thanksgiving. We're spending the holiday in Arizona with Miles' family. I've been meaning to sit down and write a few things about how excited we are that we're pregnant, expecting our first baby! The baby is due May 25th. We found out we were pregnant about the end of September after having tried for 8 months (which felt like an eternity). We started trying a couple semesters before graduating from BYU. After moving to California, and still not pregnant, I searched for a full-time job. I was so blessed to find a position on UCI campus with full medical benefits. A month after starting my new job, Miles and I got a positive pregnancy test. We were in shock, but didn't hesitate in sharing the exciting news with my family. Of course, my Mom was the first person I called. My family was so thrilled. My sister even cried when she exclaimed "I'm going to be an aunt!" The fact that we're having our own baby sinks in a bit more each day.

Up to this point, I can honestly say I've had a miracle pregnancy. I'll be 14 weeks on Sunday
(which is today) and will have finished my first trimester. I have been extremely blessed to not have suffered from morning sickness. I was so surprised, as I thought for sure the toilet would be my best friend though out my first trimester. I guess you never know! However, I have had many other discomforts that come with pregnancy: needing to pee all the time, I've been so dog-tired, and I cannot even stand the thought of cooking. I hate food; the thought and the smell. As of right now, I just feel fat. I'm in that awkward stage where I don't look pregnant yet, just that I've put on a few pounds.

We shared our news with Miles' family onThanksgiving. We thought it would be great to tell them in person. They didn't agree. They were upset we didn't tell them earlier. I guess we messed up on that one!
Sorry Pomeroys!

So the two big things we're looking forward to now are feeling the baby move, (hopefully in the next 2-4 weeks) and finding out if it's a boy or girl (4-6 weeks). We're kinda hoping for a boy, but would gladly take a girl!

I cannot tell you how happy we are, and how blessed we feel! In all of this, we have definitely felt the hand of the Lord.

Fetus at 10 weeks, which we affectionately call "Feets."

20 comments:

Shelly Beth said...

Yeah! Congrats on the good news! We are SO excited for you. It just gets better from here. I remember I felt so sick over Thanksgiving but no one knew about the pregnancy. Oh, good times. P.S. You'll be tired for the rest of your life. Baby = No Sleep

Paige said...

YAY!!!! Hooray!! I just told the missionaries walking by that you're pregnant!! (They say "congrats"...) OK, I'm just kidding, but I did tell Brad, and HE says congratulations! (I'm assuming since it's on your blog it's gotta be not secret now, right?) Well Congratulations, you guys! You're going to be phenomenal parents!!

Zane and Lexi said...

HOORAY for baby POMEROY!! That is such great news...we are so excited for you guys - you will be awesome parents! Keep us updated...

bec said...

Congratulations! That is so exciting! And what an added bonus that you haven't been sick.

Carol Lima said...

Michelle I can't beleive you're pregnant! You called and heard me went on about my pregnancy and never said anything about you being pregnant, you're good at keeping secrets!
Congratulations!!!! I am very happy for you guys, you're going to be great parents!!!!

michellep said...

Sorry Carol, I really wanted to say something, but I had promised I wouldn't tell until after we told Miles' family! Fun that we're due so close!

Laura Edwards said...

Congratulations! I am so happy for you two!

Laura Edwards said...

PS I love the way that you posted the big news: Journal entry- creative and very special. It made it feel very sacred, in which it is. You guys are wonderful!

Driel said...

That is wonderful! Wow! The Lord really does have a plan. Love ya!

Driel said...

That is wonderful! Wow! The Lord really does have a plan. Love ya!

Heidi said...

Congratulations! That is wonderful! And way to be lucky on the lack of morning sickness. :) Tell Miles that he got mail in the office today...someone really wants to sell him bedding.

Jeni said...

How wonderful! My sister is expecting as well! The Reynolds Clan grows again! lol

Adam said...

Congratulations again! You two are going to be the best parents! What a blessing it is to have this little miracle coming into your lives. We can't wait to see you! Love you!

Wells Family said...

Congratulations!! The ultrasound is really cute--so tiny! :)

Brooke said...

You guys are the best! I'm totally happy for you. If we're still neighbors when it's born, I'll be the first one to bring you a meal.

... said...

Michelle!!! I am so excited for you! Congratulations! I know what you mean when you talk about having to wait for a while to get pregnant. My husband and I have been trying for 7 months now and it is killing me. . . But I know a lot of people try for a lot longer. . . So what do I have to complain about. So do you have any secrets? Let me know. .

michellep said...

Krystal, I don't think there are any secrets. There's only one way to make a baby! ;)

My Garden of Eden said...

Baby Pomeroy is on the way!!! I was so excited I screamed! I yelled to John and he to is so excited. We love you guys! CONGRATS YOU TWO OR THREE:)

Holly said...

Congratulations! That's so exciting! I love looking at your blog to see what you guys are up to. I'm so excited for you!

Thomas said...

Ahhhh! Holy Smokies! That's awesome News. GOod for you both. I'm way excited. June is a Great month for a baby. We'll talk soon.