Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Pregnancy Update

Yesterday we had our second pregnancy exam with the OBGYN. We found out a couple new bits of information, so here's an update. First, I'm not as far along as we were initially told. I'm only 13 weeks instead of 14. I had gotten an ultrasound 3 weeks ago at the radiology unit because the baby was measuring smaller than the calculated due date. Miles thinks the baby is just short like its parents. I guess this means I get to be pregnant 41 weeks instead of 40 (at least that's how it feels). So now, we're due on June 1st not May 25th. Which is actually kinda fun. Miles birthday is June 2nd and HIS due date was June 1st! What a coincidence.

The second bit of information was also found on my ultrasound. The doctor told us I have an ovarian cyst. I got a little nervous when the he mentioned the 3cm cyst, but he said for now it's nothing to worry about. I guess they're pretty common during pregnancy, but it's hard to know if the cyst was there before we got pregnant or just since the pregnancy. They're going to keep an eye on it, and most likely won't do anything until the baby comes, if they need to do anything at all. But hopefully it will just shrivel away.

Thanks for all your love and support everyone. We've loved reading all your comments!

13 comments:

Shelly Beth said...

Bummer! Pregnancy already seems too long as it is and now yours is even longer. Who knows, Miles could be right and the baby could just be short, but probably not likely. Prepare yourself for an even longer pregnancy though, because you could be late, too. I hope the cyst doesn't become a problem. Keep us updated. We love to know what is going on!

Paige said...

Oh man- we're all so excited for you guys! I particularly love your baby countdown! (that kind of freaked Brad out... haha) Also, Jim suggested the name "Media" for you guys. I told him that it sounds too much like "Medea" (of Jason and Medea) who was not a nice person (she killed her kids cause she was nuts) which shut him up.

Laura Edwards said...

This is fun reading about your pregnancy experiences. Yay!

Maria Jones said...

Congratulations!! Everyone at OGS will be so excited to hear your news!

Meli said...

woooooooooooooowww you did it!! yeahhhhhhhhhhh...CONGRATULATIONS GUYS!!!!. its fun to have a baby!!! yeeeyyy I was soo escited to read that today!!!...hugs and kisses to ya'll, love ya Meli

Meli said...

i had like 3 ovarian cysts for a long time...but, the doctor did not tell me that it would be dangerous with my pregnancy(in fact he did not know i had them)...I have them since i was..well 14 years old :(.
I m so happy for you guys..by the way, when are you coming to visit texas??ya'll!!!jajaja

RHETT AND NICHOLE said...

Congrats, that is so awesome, you are going to be the best mommy!

Adam said...

What a bummer- about both the cyst and not being as far along as you originally thought. I hope everything is okay! I love you!

Troy and Tara Barnes said...

Yea!! I am so excited for you guys congratulations you guys will make awesome parents!

Shelly Beth said...

Alright, this comments' purpose is first to tell you that you are overdue for a new post. Second, to say we miss you guys too! I am so bummed that we will barely miss you guys when you come to SLC in December. Do you still need a place to stay? Third, Shae does not have a boyfriend but just broke up with her RM who she waited for because things were going nowhere. Fourth, Paul is dating random people now. Sam is dating with doubles and such, but still holding out strong for Ashley. She comes home in August...we shall see.

Shelly Beth said...

P.S. I just re-read my first comment on this post and I didn't mean for it to sound so depressing. Just trying to be realistic I guess. Boo.

Camille said...

CONGRATS you two!! We are SO very excited for you. We have been out of the loop and had no idea. Good luck with the pregnancy...it will end with wonderful benefits!

Danielle said...

So, I don't know if you noticed, but I am due June 1st too!! We are exactly the same amount of time along...that is SO funny!! And another thing is we are a week behind what we thought...we originally thought we were due May 25th too! Ha ha. What a coincidence! So how the heck are things going for you?