Wednesday, July 11, 2007

WICKED!

Miles and I attended the musical "Wicked" last night. We drove 2 1/2 hours through heavy traffic to get to the Pantages theatre on Hollywood Blvd in L.A., but it was worth every minute of travel. It was an awesome production. We were on the second to the last row at the very top, but we still enjoyed it. We got these "nose-bleed" tickets to save money, and I'm glad we did. We paid half the price of the people seated in the row right in front of us.

What I thought was "wicked" cool about the production (not in any order, because I can't decide):

THE MUSIC
Miles and I bought the CD months ago and we loved it even without seeing the production. The lyrics are whitty and the music is so fun.
THE STORY
I tried to read the book the play is based off of, but I don't recommend it--it's pretty crude. But in the musical production they clean it up really well. The morals of the story are inspriational. They cleaverly help you see the other side of the story.
THE SET
Grabs your attention and keeps you enthralled. The costumes were creative and eye-catching. The technology and lighting were, for lack of a better word, cool.
THE CHARACTERS
You get too feel what it's like to be in each character's shoes (no pun intended).

Well, as you can tell, I pretty much loved EVERYTHING about Wicked. If you get a chance, go see it!


3 comments:

Shelly Beth said...

Yeah! You finally got to go! I know you have been looking forward to Wicked for such a long time. I would totally love to go, too. Maybe somewhere down the road....How was being in Hollywood?

James said...

Hey guys, I glad that you finally got to see the show. I told you it was unbelievable!

Jeromy Robison said...

Jealousy! Heaps of jealousy!