Wednesday, July 18, 2007

I got the job!

So I had my 2nd interview with the Department of Philosophy today, and they offered me the Administrative Assistant position! Wahoo! I'm excited, nervous, surprised, thankful, and relieved all at the same time! There are so many awesome things about this job. Good salary, full benefits (medical, dental, and vision) that start right away, a 15 minute walk/ 5 minute bike-ride commute, and a positive environment. Also, I found out I can take university courses for free! Finding a good job has been a roller coaster, but I think I have finally found the one for me!

10 comments:

RHETT AND NICHOLE said...

Congrats, that is so sweet. I just said sweet, anyway, the benefits are going to be awesome to, and you get to now use your new bike, yay for you!!!!

Adam said...

Congrats Michelle! I bet that's such a relief! Adam is super excited that it's in the philosophy department. Do you get the same vacations as the school? Will you be off for like 3 weeks for Christmas?

Zane and Lexi said...

congratulations michelle! that sounds like the perfect job...are you gonna take advantage and take some classes!? sounds like things are going well for you guys in Cali!

Jeni said...

YAY!! Congratuations! That's so awesome that everything worked out for you!

Paige said...

All around AWESOME!!!! Congratulations Michelle!

Troy and Tara Barnes said...

Congrats, that is so exciting what exactly will you be doing? How are you liking your new home?

Carol Lima said...

Hey Michelle, congratulations!!!!
I am very happy for you and happy to know things are working out for you!

michellep said...

Here's some more details about what I'll be doing (or at least what I know so far). Ordering text books for professors, scheduling class rooms, admitting graduate students, "counseling" undergrad and graduate students, arranging receptions and accommodations for guests etc., and I get to do all this in my own little office! Yeehaw! Thanks for caring everybody :D

Shelly Beth said...

Yeah! That is so cool. It looks like you finally got your dream job! Let us know how you like it.

Driel said...

That is so awesome! I would love to have an university job where you can take classes for free.