Friday, July 6, 2007

Independence Day/ New Job!

Hope everyone had a great 4th! It was strange to not be at home for the holiday. But, one perk was that Miles and I got to watch fireworks on the beach! It was awesome. Actually, from our location, we could look to our left and right and could see four displays along the coast at once. Just the two of us drove down to Laguna Beach at about 8:00 that night. We were a little worried that it would be way too crowded. Finding a parking spot was difficult, but it wasn't hard at all to find a place to sit. The fireworks themselves weren't the greatest I've seen, but the scenery was beautiful of course. I can already tell that living here in California (away from family and good friends) is going to help Miles and I grow together as our own family.

I spent this entire week looking for a new job. Initially I REALLY wanted to get a job on UCI campus, just because it would be so convenient. I applied for position after position on campus. It turns out that UCI is just like every other university, and their processing is very S...L...O...W. So, with no luck on campus, I searched craigslist.org for some openings. I submitted my application and was called the same day to schedule an interview with Barkley Court Reporting. The ad caught my eye because, for those of you who don't know, my mom is a court reporter. My first interview with the branch manager went great and I had a second interview with the corporate manager today over video conference. They offered me the Administrative Assistant position with good pay and full benefits 20 minutes after I left the office. So, I start at 8:30 on Monday. The office is about a 15-20 min drive away--I don't even have to take the freeway. Now I just have to get used to the idea of being strapped to a 8 to 5 job (as Miles put it "a big girl job"). It's just strange. I feel like a small town girl in a big corporate world. I'm not grown up enough for all this!

2 comments:

RHETT AND NICHOLE said...

Comgrats on the new job, that is awesome, I a full time job can be hard, but you will do well. I am jealous you go to watch the fireworks on the beach!

Paige said...

Wow- two huge adventures that would've scared the pants off of us. You guys are amazing! I am so excited for you!!