Monday, June 25, 2007

MTC Farewell

Lately I've been feeling really nostalgic and reflective about the 4 years I've spent working at the Missionary Training Center. I was hired as a secretary in the Media (Audio/Visual) department before I had taken one college class. Honestly I have no idea why they hired a young 18 year old girl with absolutely no secretary experience, but it's a good thing they took a chance on me. Working at the MTC, both as a secretary and office manager, gave me ample opportunities to learn, grow, and gain more self-confidence. I know the Lord's hand was involved. I even met Miles indirectly by working at the MTC (which has been the greatest blessing of them all). While working at the MTC, I have felt the fire of missionary work. I look forward to serving a mission with Miles some day.

Just a little explanation for the picture above. This huge map of the world is a very common backdrop for missionary pictures. Most missionaries will get a picture taken of them pointing to where they will be serving. So as you can see, I'm pointing to Provo, UT. I guess you might say I served a 4 year mission at the MTC (however, I was paid).

The collage of pictures probably won't mean too much to you, but they are images I encountered EVERYDAY at work. Some of the pictures include: the skirt I wore just about everyday for 4 yrs, the chair I was often glued to, the name tag I wore, the decorating kits I checked out to teachers, and the missionaries I interacted with. It's strange to think Wednesday is my last day. I will miss it.

2 comments:

Zane and Lexi said...

so did paige jones take your job then!? we are gonna miss you guys -keep us updated with the blog!

michellep said...

yup, Paige did take my job as a secretary...and she's doing a great job! We'll keep in touch. Make sure you keep us up to date on Baby Zane!