Monday, June 18, 2007

Flower Power/Packing Up

Just a quick little update on how my flower pot is doing! I'm sorry, but as you can probably tell, I'm really excited about my little flowers. The pot has literally EXPLODED! The growing conditions must be perfect for this plant, because all I do is water about every-other-day and take pictures of it!. The way it's hung, it gets sunlight in the morning when it's still a little cool outside, and is shaded during the hot hours of the day.

So the dreaded time of packing up has come. Miles and I will be living in Irvine CA 10 days from now. I cannot believe how much stuff we have accumulated in the short 2 years we've been married. I love the feeling of purging all our junk, but Miles has really disliked me making him choose between keeping this old T-shirt or those broken stereo speakers. We are not renting a moving truck of any kind, instead we are planning on packing up my dad's old diesel Ford pick-up. Yep, we will definitely look like the Beverly Hillbillies moving to California with our stuff piled high on this old truck (don't worry I'll definitely take pictures!), but have found we'll save close to $500 doing so. And hopefully we'll be able to use some of the money we saved to buy some new furniture (like a new dining table, and futon for our 2nd bedroom). California HERE WE COME!

3 comments:

Adam said...

Sounds exciting. I can't wait to start cleaning our apartment. I love getting rid of useless stuff! Good luck with the move. Let us know if you need any help.

Adam said...

Can you guys go to dinner sometime this week? Maybe Thursday! We'd love to see you and say goodbye before you take off! Let us know.

Boone said...

Hi guys, this is Dad, not Boone, but just wanted to say the move looks like fun, NOT!!!

See you guys next week as you are passing through.

Stan