Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Miles' Birthday Weekend that We Spent at Laura's Wedding

We have now spent 5 days celebrating Miles' Birthday. Starting on Thursday, we had a little party at our friends' house, the Shades. Another couple, the Turners, were there as well. Miles hates cake, so we improvised and put all 25 candles into a stack of Krispy Kreme donuts.



At this party, I also gave Miles his present from me--a brand new suit, shirt, tie, and belt. I know it doesn't sound exciting, but he really loved it. And he looks good!






On Saturday, his REAL birthday, we actually went to St. George to attend a wedding of a high school friend. But even during that busy day, we were able to squish a little birthday time in for Miles. My sister and I went to the store and surprised Miles with a very chocolaty chocolate cake (which he doesn't like at all--my sister was just craving chocolate).

While in St. George we had a lot of fun with the family. My little nieces are adorable! They are my favorite people to visit! Look at little Avery!







My younger brother Danny and my nieces love playing in the water. You'll notice they didn't have their swimming suits with them, but that didn't stop them. Instead they just borrowed a couple T-shirts from their uncle Danny.

For the wedding, my sister wanted to do my hair in these steam rollers she had. They were pretty cool. You just set the curlers on the steamer for 5 seconds, roll your hair, and take them out 30 min later. I looked pretty silly for awhile, but got many compliments later. It was definitely a fun-filled birthday weekend!

4 comments:

Zane and Lexi said...

happy birthday to miles! looks like a fun one - for the BIG 25! I love the hair - mine will never curl with curlers but those look cool!

Adam said...

mmmm .... birthday donuts

Troy and Tara Barnes said...

Hi Michelle how are you? Congrats on graduating you guys sound like you are doing very well. No kids yet? When are you moving to California? How is your family I didn't see Ricky in those pictures. Hope to hear from you soon. Tara Barnes

Laura Edwards said...

Yay for our wedding and Miles bday! Thanks again for sacrificing part of your bday, Miles, to be with us on our special day too! I miss you kids! We want to come visit someday, after the money starts rolling in though :)