Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Green Thumb

Well, I know this is a silly post, but I had to show off my beautiful flower pot! Never in my life have I been able to cultivate and care for a plant of any kind, and this one is flourishing! My brother, Rick, gave the plant to Miles and I for our graduation present (notice BYU blue and white flowers). Rick is now working in a greenhouse in St. George and is planning to be married in September to beautiful Danelle. We were able to hang our flower pot right outside our front door, thanks to our manager jerry-rigging a wire hanger for us.

At our new place in California, there is a community garden. Miles and I have been craving the opportunity to work outside and get our hands dirty in our own little garden. But, because neither of us have had much success in gardening, we think we'll start easy and plant things like tomatoes and peppers--we could at least make homemade salsa!

1 comment:

Jeromy Robison said...

mmmm. . . home-grown tomatoes are the best. I want some salsa.

The flowers are gorgeous. Great start to a new garden!

-JerBer