Monday, September 24, 2007

Cozy New Bedroom

On Saturday, Miles and I spent the whole day painting our bedroom. It was a tiring but very fun project. We actually picked out the paint last weekend. We went to Home Depot to look at the "mistake" paint (gallons that are discounted because customers weren't satisfied with the color). We found a gallon of neutral grayish/brown for only $5. We used that color to select the grayish periwinkle-blue we used for the accent wall. It ended up being fairly inexpensive for such a big change. We are very happy with the result, but wonder what the managers will think when we move out in 5 years--but obviously we aren't too concerned. We love spending time in our new room. It's so much cozier than the rest of the house. We're looking forward to further decorating our little hideout. I think orange curtains and throw pillows would be fun.

4 comments:

Adam said...

Looks like fun!

Paige said...

Wow- good choices! I love that gray... but would never have thought of it!

Laura Edwards said...

Oh I love it! I think it looks great! I am a HUGE fan of accent walls!

Meli said...

so you did it! ypou painted the room, nice!!!!!!!!