Wednesday, August 8, 2007

* Pomeroy Hotel

Since moving to California, we've become a 1 star hotel for our family--not the most luxurious but it's cheap and in a great location. Of the 5 weeks we've been living here, we've had company staying with us for a total 2 1/2- 3 weeks, including my sister's family when we moved in, my Uncle Bill and his crew (7 people) and then some more family this past week. Don't get me wrong, we've enjoyed having them. It gives Miles and I an excuse to vacation ourselves. Last week, my mom, sister, and 3 nieces took a spontaneous trip to visit us. They all had a blast. My mom fell in love with it here. She kept saying things like "I love the air here" and "Why do people live in the desert again?" She didn't want to go home to the 110 degree weather waiting for them in St. George. While they were here my family did a ton of fun activities including: had a BBQ, roasted marshmallows at a bonfire on the beach (a new experience for everyone), visited an aquarium, went whale watching, and spent the day at Knotts Berry Farm. When Miles and I weren't working, we got to go along with them.

2 comments:

Laura Edwards said...

Oh how fun! We might just have to add ourselves to your list of visitors sometime. We want to come see your place! (Don't worry- it won't be anytime soon). Love you guys!

Jeni said...

How fun! Next time everyone comes down let me know! I'm only 7 hours away!!! I miss you guys!