Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Nesting

I've been driving Miles CRAZY with my new nesting tendencies! I never knew how powerful these urges could be! Not only do I have the desire to make our apartment more homey, I now have the ENERGY! We've been in our new apartment in California for 6 months now, and I feel like we are just now getting moved in. I spend my evenings now thinking about what creative ways I can decorate. For Christmas, all I asked for was home decor, and got some really cool stuff from both my family and Miles' family. This last week, I've had a blast incorporating all my new gifts. I'm sure we've annoyed our neighbors plenty hammering away. My new thing now is making drapes for all the windows in the apartment, starting with the huge sliding glass doors in the family room. Yay for a new hobby! I've been sewing up a storm. I took lessons for a few years when I was younger, but never owned my own machine. I somewhat impulsively bought an inexpensive one a couple months ago (must have been one of those pregnancy cravings). I've had so much fun. I never realized how easy it would be to pick up again. So far, I've made Feets a quilt, Miles' PJs for Christmas, and am now working on the curtains. Miles has been such a good sport, and even accompanies me to the fabric store when I want to go! I'm pretty sure I'm going to be an absolute maniac my last trimester, trying to get everything ready for the baby!

2 comments:

Laura Edwards said...

That is so exciting that you are feeling this way. It's always good to feel the nesting tendancies when youre about to have a baby!

So you didn't know about the writer's strike? Sheesh. It's probably better that you don't know. That is what I am trying to do anyway- just stay in the position of denial.

OH and the comment about your waistline was NOT appropriate... you had a small waist last time I saw you! And we won't get started about the width of your neck :) Miss ya!

Adam said...

Good for you! I too got some stuff to decorate the apartment for Christmas. We (I mean Adam) put it all up the day we got home and I love it!

Have you been to Tai Pan Trading? I discovered the store in Utah over the break and fell in love. I can't believe how cheap everything is! I wanted to buy everything but there was no way to take it all the way back to DC. I'm holding out for when we move back to Utah.

I wish I could sew. You're super lucky! You guys are still planning on coming to DC in March right?